April 7, 2020 at 11:25 amIRobinSubscriber
I was wondering whether ANSYS Fluent supports the low-Reynolds modelling approach for the k-epsilon equations? I have been unable to find any description of this in the Theory guide. I did find a youtube video where the low-Reynolds approach is enabled via the TUI, but this does not show what kind of model is used 'under the hood'. The reason I ask is that I am interested in the Low-Reynolds model of Chien. Hence, I was wondering whether this is integrated inside ANSYS Fluent of maybe CFX.
April 7, 2020 at 1:36 pmDrAmineAnsys Employee
Not documented and I won't provide the information here on this open community. I will not recommend the usage of this low-Re K-Epsilon models. Some information to be found on customer portal.
I will always recommend to use Omega Based Model for this kind of run.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Heat transfer coefficient
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error in cfd post
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.