LS Dyna

LS Dyna

LS-DYNA Chip Problem

• javat33489
      Subscriber

Hello dear professionals.

I have another problem, sorry. I need help.

I am modeling a test model (downloaded from the forum) before moving on to a complex one. The task of drilling a metal plate. The problem is that I don't have shavings. There are no chips with any material, any fracture model. Most likely the problem is not in the material. Help find her. When drilling, the body behaves like a very elastic one:

DOWNLOAD ANIMATION

To explain all the settings is very long, so I attached the K-file DOWNLOAD K-FILE.

I will be very grateful if you help, I can not find the reason for a very long time.

• Aniket
      Ansys Employee

Ansys staff can not download any files on the forum, so if you want to reach a larger audience to get answers from, please insert inline images describing your problem.

Thanks for your understanding!

-Aniket

How to access Ansys help links

Guidelines for Posting on Ansys Learning Forum

• javat33489
        Subscriber

OK

• Andreas Koutras
      Ansys Employee

Hello,

Here are some ideas.

For modeling the drilling process with FEM, you will need to use an ERODING contact, such as *CONTACT_ERODING_SINGLE_SURFACE and also use an appropriate material model (*MAT) that includes failure. For validating your approach, you can start with *MAT_024 in which material failure and subsequent element erosion is controlled by the effective strain at failure FAIL. More complex failure criteria can be also specified with *MAT_ADD_EROSION, *MAT_ADD_DAMAGE DIEM or GISSMO, or *MAT_ADD_GENERALIZED_DAMAGE.  Please look at the corresponding sections in the LS-DYNA manuals.

I hope this helps.

• javat33489
        Subscriber

yes, sure! I use both the johnson cook model and the linear polynomial. I have attached pictures of important settings. Please take a look, if you need more pictures, tell me which ones

• javat33489
      Subscriber

new images

• javat33489
      Subscriber

I was able to achieve a good result, but no chips

• javat33489
      Subscriber

Why is the material removed?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.