Ansys Products

Ansys Products

LS-DYNA Licensing Question

• aaron.brown3
      Subscriber

I need to set up a license server for LS-DYNA for one of our research labs (this is a university). The docs for the network licensing are incredibly out of date as far as recommendations go. Link: https://www.lstc.com/download/lic/new_netnix_license

Does anyone know the answer to the following? 

• Can this licensing software be run on a modern Linux install; preferably something like Rocky or other RHEL-a-likes?
      • Are there any issues running said server and network licensing software in a virtual environment, like HyperV or similar?
    • George Karnos
      Ansys Employee

What version of LS-DYNA?
      Did you download it from the LSTC or ANSYS website?

• aaron.brown3
        Subscriber

I was sent a document with the URL in my initial post by our Ansys rep. That was after I asked about network licensing. They pointed me to this forum for questions. I haven't downloaded anything yet because I'm trying to find out if there are newer versions of the network licensing software or if the old versions work on something more modern and supportable.

I'm the IT person setting up this license server. I won't be using LS-DYNA, so I don't know the exact versions, but my assumption is the researchers will be using whatever is current.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.