LS Dyna

LS Dyna

LS Dyna output for all results in all states

• dzhuang18
      Subscriber

Hi,

I am running a simulation in LS Dyna where I need to obtain the maximum primary strain and pressure at all the nodes.

Currently, I am using output in Post>output as follows:

• Ram Gopisetti
      Ansys Employee
      perhaps you can enter 1:2:3:4:5:..:n where n is your final state number which will write all nodal results in sequence. Strain/ Stress can be outputted via ELOUT in ASCII file and this can be enabled via database keyword.
      Cheers, Ram
    • dzhuang18
      Subscriber
      Hi Ram
      Thanks for the response. I tried doing what you suggested but only 1:2 works (outputs 2 states). Doing 1:2:3 and more will only write the first state. I'm not sure if you could provide some information as to why this occurs.

To try to work around the issue, I've been trying to get the program to display the maximum strain and 95% percentile strain across all states.
      For maximum strain: I read online documentation that one should use Xfrn or Xfrx and select max - what is the difference between Xfrn and Xfrx?
      I also understand that 95% percentile strain cannot be directly displayed, and requires further processing. Is this correct?

Thanks for your assistance.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.