LS Dyna

LS Dyna

LS-DYNA Single Element Material Verification for MAT_JOHNSON_COOK

• ericho1986
      Subscriber

Hi,

I have seen some papers reference talk about single element verification of material models, however they usually only show a diagram of a constrained square, a few parameters and the general material parameters used.

I was wondering if anyone had a good reference material on how to do single element verification using LS-DYNA?

For example I am wanting to use MAT_JOHNSON_COOK with material Al5083 H116 and I seem to have results that show stress being 10000x smaller and steeper curve in my YY stress-strain plot than what is published from T. Borvik et al, Perforation of AA5083-H116 aluminum plates with conical-nose steel projectiles - calculation, 2009. My study in LS-DYNA is using Tonne, mm, s, MPa, N-mm and however which way I look at it, I can't seem to spot if I had made any unit error etc. in my 2D shell with thickness study. So i'm leaning towards set up error, so inquiring about set up material.

• Chris Quan
      Ansys Employee
      If you are using a single 2D element, try changing the symmetry to Axial for axial-symmetric analysis. This may improve the results.n
    • ericho1986
      Subscriber
      Thanks for your reply, with external aid, i've managed to simulate this single study in solid rather than shell.n
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.