General Mechanical

General Mechanical

LS-OPT error about missing Database cards which were set in LS-Prepost

• cct
      Subscriber

Hello,

I want to optimize a crash design in LS-OPT. I use LS-Prepost to define the parameter and LS-Dyna to run the simulation as Fig.1. For the optimization, I set 4 responses in Stage of LS-Dyna as Fig.2, which are all set in Database via LS-Prepost. Among these four responses, one objective (MATSUM of one part) and one constraint (NODFOR of a node group) are set for optimization.  However, when I try to normal run it, it jumps out the error:

ERROR: LS-DYNA input deck needs a *DATABASE_MATSUM card, or the card does not specify binary (binout) output.

ERROR: LS-DYNA input deck needs a *DATABASE_NODFOR card, or the card does not specify binary (binout) output.

ERROR: LS-DYNA input deck needs a *DATABASE_NODOUT card, or the card does not specify binary (binout) output.

Is there any setting I missed? 

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Christine

• Imtiaz Gandikota
      Ansys Employee

When you import a k file into LS-DYNA stage, LS-OPT does a basic check for missing *database cards in the k file for corresponding responses defined in the stage. This is just a precausion to alert the user before job are submitted. If you are sure these cards are available or will be part of file dumped by LSPP stage and resulting binout file will have required matsum, nodout data after analysis, you can disable this check (open ls-dyna stage > advanced options > uncheck "do basic check for missing database cards"). 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.