September 16, 2022 at 5:51 pmcctSubscriber
However, we got same results in different points as the following figure, so we tried to run one of them manually in LS-Dyna and found the result is different from LS-OPT.
We are wondering wether the parameters are utilized well in LS-OPT. Does anyone face the same issue as ours?
September 17, 2022 at 12:11 amImtiaz GandikotaAnsys Employee
It looks like you're running same model in all design samples. Please check if the solver is running correct input file with replaced parameter values.
Please compare Lsprepost.inp (or similar name) in Stage/1.1 and Stage/1.2 and check if parameter values are different. This is the file that should be executed using ls-prepost. You can also check if changing variable value changed the geometry or not by manually opening the input file using LSPP.
Similarly, if design variables are in lsdyna input file, you should check DynaOpt.inp file and this is the file that should be input to ls-dyna solver.
September 17, 2022 at 2:58 am
September 17, 2022 at 6:22 amImtiaz GandikotaAnsys Employee
What command did you define in LSPP stage? Post a snapshot of LSPP stage and also show how you defined parameters in the cfile.
Is there any difference in LsPrepostOpt.inp file in 1.1 and 1.2? This is the file LSPP runs to create new geometry. The input file defined in the stage is copied as LsPrepostOpt.inp to 1.1, 1.2, etc with parameter values replaced by ls-opt.
You can also refer this example https://www.lsoptsupport.com/howtos/integrating-pre-processor/ls-prepost
September 18, 2022 at 1:12 am
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Errors – Reinforced Concrete Beam
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- Cannot apply load on node
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Large deflection