April 26, 2023 at 2:08 pmVicente FitoSubscriber
I am trying to run the example script for ring_modulator_time_domain_validation, and the following error pops up:
Error: failed to checkout feature 'lum_fdtd_gui' Request name lum_fdtd_gui does not exist in the licensing pool. No such feature exists.
License path: 1055@localhost;1055@lic_ansys.upv.es
FlexNet Licensing error: -5, 147
Would you like to reconfigure your license settings?
I understand that there is part of the license missing, I have an evaluation license, is there somewhere where I can find the mentioned feature, or a way to solve this error?
Thank you very much,
May 4, 2023 at 4:08 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
Sorry to reply you late due to some circumstances.
Is this issue resolved?
Do you mean this exmaple https://optics.ansys.com/hc/en-us/articles/360042329094-Ring-modulator-time-domain-INTERCONNECT-
All the files are for INTERCONNECT. no simulation needs FDTD.
Please reboot your computer, and check the license as well as products included. Please let me know if the problem still exisits.
May 8, 2023 at 9:22 amKasun DissanayakeSubscriber
I'm facing the same problem.
How can I solve this?
May 8, 2023 at 6:18 pmLito YapAnsys Employee
Do you have an evaluation license or accessing your organization's license server?
Can you share the following?
* Screenshot of your license configuration >> How to obtain a floating license – Ansys Optics
* Screenshot of the Ansys License Manager > Display FlexNet license status >> Ansys license management center (overview) – Ansys Optics
* Screenshot of the error message.
May 22, 2023 at 11:29 amKasun DissanayakeSubscriber
@Lito - I got it sorted. Thanks a lot anyways. I believe it was something to do with the evaluation license.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- Ansys Insight: Why my simulation result is different from published paper or experiment?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.