October 7, 2023 at 8:57 amKIRTI RANJAN DASSubscriber
I'm facing issue in fetching license from Ubuntu 20.4 LTS which is a server machine. I want the solution for this issue. The license is shown active in the licensing of the optics launcher, but all the solver are showing 'Evaluate option' rather than 'New Project'. All the required Screenshot is attached for reference. On every attempt to open the solver the first GUI is initiated but when you choose File>New> New project , then the optics launcher is popping up with "Evaluate " option.
On checking license, Everything is working fine. But the issue of starting new project is still there.Reference screeshots are attached.
October 9, 2023 at 5:23 pmDevikaAnsys Employee
Can you please check at the “server machine” side. This seems like something missing at server end. For example license is not activated/updated in server machine.
Please also check license manager status - either on the server or from the client machine
If issue still exist please send an update here and another expert will followup with you.
Thanks and regards
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Questions about the calculation of the cross-polarization conversion efficiency of metasurface
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Error on Lumerical device
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Lumerical – error message when trying to open from Linux terminal
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.