July 15, 2022 at 9:45 ammilan.deumerSubscriber
I have an EME simulation with a field monitor normal to the x dimension (crossection) named "Crossection_1". After running the simulation and propagating, I would like to acess the transmission through that monitor through the script command "transmission("Crossection_1");". However I get an error "in transmission, no d-card named Crossection_1 was found with the necessary data". What am I doing wrong?
July 15, 2022 at 4:14 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
The monitor in EME is called "profile monitor", which collects all the EH fields. It is not designed to get the transmission. The transmission is obtained from the "user s matrix", and abs(s)^2 is the power-equivalent transmission or reflection.
Please note that the function "transmission" can only be used in FDTD and varFDTD.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Lumerical support has moved to the Ansys Learning Forum (ALF)
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- focusing efficiency