May 19, 2021 at 6:28 amLAB518_whiteSubscriber
Dear Lumerical Support Team
I wonder how we extract the phase (degree) in electric field ?
So far, I have done using frequency domain field profile monitor to take Im(Ey).
How to convert in phase ?
Do you have any examples?
Thank you in advance!May 20, 2021 at 6:54 pmGuanhui WangAnsys EmployeeHi LAB518_white
Thank you for posting here. I think your direction is correct, that you can get ther eal and imaginary parts of the field, then you can either calculate the phase based on the real and imaginary values, or you can directly use the "angle" command on the ocmplex field to get the phase.
May 21, 2021 at 8:55 amLAB518_whiteSubscriberDear Thanks for your reply
Please see the attached screenshot.
I wonder the unit of the scale bar.
Is that degree?
It suppose should be -180 degree to 180 degree or not?
Viewing 2 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
Top Rated Tags
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.