Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Lumerical FlexNet licensing error: -15

• Lito Yap
      Ansys Employee

This has been moved to the Lumerical Knowledge Base (KB) - FAQ.

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee
      Thanks!
    • tgartner
      Subscriber
      Hello,
      I am running into this problem currently. My group at university has a floating license which I am trying to access at home via the IP of the computer the license is hosted on. But i run into this error. Is there anything I can do on my end at home to remedy this? I have confirmed the machine with the server is running and the IP is correct. Do i need the license server software on my computer as well?

• Lito Yap
      Ansys Employee
      ,Your home computer and University network are not on the same local network (LAN). Consult with your university's IT department on how you can connect from your home computer to the license server on your university's network.

• tgartner
      Subscriber
      Thank you. Are there any specific settings in the license manager software they will have to change to allow me access?
    • Lito Yap
      Ansys Employee
      ,not on the license manager software but IT will have to allow network connectivity/access between your home network and your university's network on ports used by the license server.
    • abacker
      Subscriber
      Hi Lito I am trying to configure flexnet/ my Lumerical FDTD license for the first time (on a MacOS computer). Is there any way that I can schedule a time to speak over the phone with someone from Lumerical to help me get this set up? Thanks for your help.
      Adam
    • Lito Yap
      Ansys Employee
      ,Note that support for MacOS ended with 2020 R2 release. We will be contacting you directly.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.