Photonics

Photonics

Lumerical HEAT Meshing error at Building Geometry Stage

• Asher Novick
      Subscriber

Hi all,

I am trying to simulate the steady state heat characteristics of an SOI waveguide structure in 3D using Ansys Lumerical 2022 R1 Finite Element IDE. I cannot get past an error at the Meshing stage (Paritioning works fine), that says
      "The program terminated due to an error: PK error (mild) :PK_BODY_transform_2 returned PK_ERROR_wrong_transf"

Followed by,

"Error: there was an unknown parallel error. The error code is 9011, the process number is 0"

This occurs when the job manager says the Meshing Status is at the Building geometry stage with 0% progress. Has anyone else experienced this error and/or found a workaround?

Thanks in advance,

Asher

• Guilin Sun
      Ansys Employee

From previous post https://forum.ansys.com/forums/topic/error-when-running-example-of-lumerical-device/ once you use the newest version, this issue can be resolved.

Is there any thin and long geometry? the errors indicate that the geometry cannot be built. It can be very challenge to directly tackle such issues.

• Asher Novick
      Subscriber

Hi Guilin,

Thank you for the quick reply! I will update my Lumerical to the most recent version.

The device is a microdisk resonator with approximate dimensions:
      220 nm tall Si, 10 um diameter disk, 450 nm wide bus waveguide, 200 nm seperation between bus and disk, all clad in SiO2.

I have added a mesh override on the disk with a max edge length of 5 nm. I will update with a new reply after updating my Lumerical version.

Thanks,

Asher

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.