December 8, 2022 at 5:46 pmAsher NovickSubscriber
I am trying to simulate the steady state heat characteristics of an SOI waveguide structure in 3D using Ansys Lumerical 2022 R1 Finite Element IDE. I cannot get past an error at the Meshing stage (Paritioning works fine), that says
"The program terminated due to an error: PK error (mild) :PK_BODY_transform_2 returned PK_ERROR_wrong_transf"
"Error: there was an unknown parallel error. The error code is 9011, the process number is 0"
This occurs when the job manager says the Meshing Status is at the Building geometry stage with 0% progress. Has anyone else experienced this error and/or found a workaround?
Thanks in advance,
December 8, 2022 at 6:48 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
From previous post https://forum.ansys.com/forums/topic/error-when-running-example-of-lumerical-device/ once you use the newest version, this issue can be resolved.
Is there any thin and long geometry? the errors indicate that the geometry cannot be built. It can be very challenge to directly tackle such issues.
December 8, 2022 at 6:54 pmAsher NovickSubscriber
Thank you for the quick reply! I will update my Lumerical to the most recent version.
The device is a microdisk resonator with approximate dimensions:
220 nm tall Si, 10 um diameter disk, 450 nm wide bus waveguide, 200 nm seperation between bus and disk, all clad in SiO2.
I have added a mesh override on the disk with a max edge length of 5 nm. I will update with a new reply after updating my Lumerical version.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.