May 8, 2021 at 12:25 amsyshahSubscriber
Hello Lumerical support team,
While running a simulation that uses the Heat Transport module, I noticed that Lumerical uses 2 separate licenses. Upon digging into this further, I noticed that 1 license is checked out while launching the GUI, and then 1 more when the simulation is run.
Is this behaviour expected? If not, is there a setting that perhaps I've overlooked that would ensure that only a single license is used each time I open and run that simulation file?
Thanks.May 10, 2021 at 7:57 pmLito YapAnsys EmployeeLumerical has 2 components. The Design Environment (CAD/GUI) and the Solve or simulation engine. Each will checkout its own corresponding license. See this article for details.
Viewing or making changes to your simulation should not checkout the solve license. If you do not want to take up a CAD/GUI license when running the simulation, run the simulation directly from the command prompt. See this article on how to run the simulation job with MPI from the command prompt in Windows / Linux
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
Top Rated Tags
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.