January 23, 2022 at 2:17 pmur21581Subscriber
How to run Lumerical file on HPC (Linux), please?
I have problem with submitting my job script.
Lumerical module installed on the HPC system is called:
Please see attached screenshots...January 24, 2022 at 6:20 pmLito YapAnsys EmployeeCan you paste the screenshot/image into your post? We are not allowed to download files from the forum. Thank you.
January 24, 2022 at 6:48 pmur21581SubscriberThank you, Lito.
What is the difference between:
(We want distributed computing instead of parallel computing, multiple processors performing one just one job.)
What is the command for running: fdtd-solutions, please?
The command for running: fdtd-engine-ompi-lcl is:
mpirun -np $SLURM_NTASKSfdtd-engine-ompi-lcltest.fsp
January 24, 2022 at 6:50 pmur21581Subscriber
January 24, 2022 at 10:28 pmLito YapAnsys Employee"fdtd-solutions" is the CAD/GUI component of FDTD. This is run/executed from your Desktop/Graphical environment which requires a GUI/graphical connection on the Linux machine. Typically on clusters, you do not have GUI access/graphical connection. You run the simulation file from the command prompt using the solver/engine component of FDTD.
module load openmpi #load your OpenMPI
mpirun /opt/lumerical/v221/bin/fdtd-engine-ompi-lcl -t 1 yoursimulationfile.fsp
February 2, 2022 at 3:45 pmur21581SubscriberThank you, Lito!
February 3, 2022 at 12:01 amLito YapAnsys Employee,You are welcome.Viewing 6 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- How to move duplicated ansys project position in workbench GUI
- unable to open files in ansys
- Download MATLAB toolbox AnsysAAS
- An unknown error with memory occurred during solution.
- Error: Unable to open some designs in this project – Corrupted project files
- Desginpoints in Ansys 18.2 workbench got stuck at the stage of updating model in static structural
- ANSYS Multi field 2-way FSI data coupling issue
- Ansys solving system coupling problems on a remote cluster does not provide constant results.
- Material constant Damping calculation
- Different initial temperature conditions for two different object in transient-thermal
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.