March 7, 2022 at 4:54 pmgoldenalcheeseSubscriber
This is really confusing to me. When connecting two waveguide couplers (the built-in components in library) in series, choose the upper port on the left hand side as input, and the upper port on the right hand side as output. Theoretically, the output should be zero. In this case, I am expecting the ONA returning results, zero though (say a zero line in the transmission curve, etc., or at least a sort of indicator Null). But the 'Result View' of ONA is simply empty. The logic here is confusing to me...March 7, 2022 at 5:28 pmKyleAnsys Employee
The ONA will only record signals that are greater than the value of the ONA's "sensitivity" property, which is -100 dBm by default. To record a zero signal, reduce the sensitivity to zero (you will have to change the units of the sensitivity, since it is in dBm by default).
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Questions about the calculation of the cross-polarization conversion efficiency of metasurface
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Error on Lumerical device
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Lumerical – error message when trying to open from Linux terminal
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.