March 1, 2022 at 10:58 pmgoldenalcheeseSubscriber
I am using Lumerical interconnect. I make a compound containing 3 built-in waveguide couplers. How could I change one of the waveguide coupler's coupling coefficients using a script? I am thinking about sth like: select("Root Element::COMPOUND_1:C1"); set ("coupling coefficient", 0.5). Does this work?..
Moreover, how could I do this on the schematic? When I right-click the compound and select 'edit', I don't see the properties of waveguide couplers. I have to first expand the compound and go to the inner schematic to change the coupling coefficients. Is there any simpler way to do so?March 4, 2022 at 1:09 amGuanhui WangAnsys EmployeeHi goldenalcheese
It's recommended using the "setnamed" command to do this: setnamed("Root Element::COMPOUND_1:C1", "coupling coefficient", 0.5);
You can add new properties to the compound element by editing it and adding new properties in the Property tab. Then you can link this property to its children elements properties by setting this up in the setup script of the compound element. Here are some examples: https://support.lumerical.com/hc/en-us/articles/360044944154-Creating-Custom-Models-Compound-Element-Creating-a-Compound-Element
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.