March 11, 2022 at 8:06 pmgoldenalcheeseSubscriber
When I run my circuit (containing Phase shifter and Waveguide coupler) for the first time, I obtain a weird transmission figure. I check the simulation log on the bottom, and notice that there are several warnings like 'no s parameters found'.
However, when I run it the second time, then it goes fine, and I obtain the desired figure. As in this case, I am only using it as a pure waveguide, so I obtain a flat transmission figure always equal to 1.
All my simulation results are attached. I am wondering what is happening? Why are the first time and the second time different? And why is the s parameter not found the first time?March 23, 2022 at 4:04 amGuanhui WangAnsys EmployeeHi goldenalcheese
The "no s-parameter found" warning message is a false alarm, and this is a known problem. You may ignore this warning. It is strange that you run the simulation twice and they gave you different reuslts. Could you please let us know more about this problem?
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.