June 28, 2022 at 9:52 amistrat01Subscriber
We are facing some issues while using Lumerical Interconnect with the Smart Photonics PDK(file: “smart-photonics_v1.0.cml”).
Namely, when we try to use the Smart Photonics’ SOA with a length of 1000 μm, the DC source set to amplitude = 0.1 a.u. and the Lumerical CW laser set at 0dBm and 1550 nm we get an error from the compiler, stating that empty results were found(Lumerical optical spectrum analyser is used to plot the results).
The same thing happens even changing the SOA length and bias.
Moreover, the values that are accepted as inputs for the various building blocks in the PDK do not coincide with the values that are reported in the Smart Photonics’ design manual.
Could you help us with that, please?
July 19, 2022 at 10:03 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
To isolate if this is from the PDK or orther circuit elements, I would suggest that you use ideal elements and do the test. If it is due to PDK, you may need to get the newest version from the fundry, together with the newst Lumerical software.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.