Tagged: interconnect, lumerical
May 26, 2022 at 7:12 pmgoldenalcheeseSubscriberHi I am trying to simulate a straight waveguide in lumerical interconnect. I choose both effective index and group index to 3, and set the length of the waveguide to 100um.
Thus, say at 193Thz, the frequency response should be exp(1j * 2pi * 193Thz * 3 *100um / c), where c=3e8 is the light speed. Using a calculator, it is not hard to see the result should be 1+0j.
However, this is not what lumerical Interconnect returns. See the attached screenshot for my configuration of the waveguide, and the simulation result. Obviously, the returned result doesn't have a real part equal to 1 at 193Thz.
I am wondering what might be wrong?
June 23, 2022 at 8:27 pmKyleAnsys Employee
When I enter that expression into INTERCONNECT's Script Prompt I get:
This seems to agree with your plot. Can you double check your calculation?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.