Photonics

Photonics

Lumerical stuck after time on “Verifying License” screen

• martinmi
      Subscriber

Hallo, 

i have a problem with Lumerical Python Automations. I was using Lumerical to simulate some MMI and suddenly i get a PyCharm Error, i close PyCharm and start it again and since then when i try to start Lumerical from Python i get stuck on Verifying license... Screen and nothing happend after this. Do anyone know hor to fix this? The OS is Linux CentOS7. And Version of Lumerical is 2021-r1.1. I will attach a photo of the stuck screen. My code to start Lumerica is :

class FDE:

#Init Programm
          def __init__(self, file):
              '''
              Path to the lumerical python file
              '''
              self.file = file 
              lumpai = imp.load_source('lumapi', self.file)
              self.lum = lumpai.MODE()
              # self.lum = lumpai.FDTD()
              self.lum.importmaterialdb("......../lib.mdf")
              print('Lumerical FDE API is started')

#Close Programm   
          def Close(self):
              self.lum.close()
              print('Lumerical FDE API is closed")

Thank you fro your Help.

• Lito Yap
      Ansys Employee

@martinmi,

Please see this Knowledge Base (KB) article. Also ensure that you have write access to the “/tmp” folder on your Linux box.

To troubleshoot the issue — try running the example python script below (lumtest.py) from the Lumerical CAD/GUI using our bundled Python3.

import lumapi
      fdtd = lumapi.FDTD()
      fdtd.addfdtd()
      fdtd.addring()
      fdtd.addmesh()
      fdtd.save("mytestpy.fsp")

• martinmi
        Subscriber

@Lito, 

I just tested the example you gave me in the Lumerical CAD/GUI and everything works fine. I also tested accessing the /tmp directory and it is fine. However, the problem is still there. When I try to start Lumerical from PyCharm, I get the screen with "Verifying License".... 

• Lito Yap
          Ansys Employee

@martin, 

Please try the latest release, Lumerical 2022 R2.1. Otherwise, should the issue persist with PyCharm and Lumerical 2022R2.1, run the API script directly from terminal. >>>https://optics.ansys.com/hc/en-us/articles/5771091294739 

• martinmi
      Subscriber

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.