July 28, 2022 at 2:23 pmmartinmiSubscriber
i have a problem with Lumerical Python Automations. I was using Lumerical to simulate some MMI and suddenly i get a PyCharm Error, i close PyCharm and start it again and since then when i try to start Lumerical from Python i get stuck on Verifying license... Screen and nothing happend after this. Do anyone know hor to fix this? The OS is Linux CentOS7. And Version of Lumerical is 2021-r1.1. I will attach a photo of the stuck screen. My code to start Lumerica is :
def __init__(self, file):
Path to the lumerical python file
self.file = file
lumpai = imp.load_source('lumapi', self.file)
self.lum = lumpai.MODE()
# self.lum = lumpai.FDTD()
print('Lumerical FDE API is started')
print('Lumerical FDE API is closed")
Thank you fro your Help.
July 28, 2022 at 5:07 pmLito YapAnsys Employee
Please see this Knowledge Base (KB) article. Also ensure that you have write access to the “/tmp” folder on your Linux box.
To troubleshoot the issue — try running the example python script below (lumtest.py) from the Lumerical CAD/GUI using our bundled Python3.
fdtd = lumapi.FDTD()
July 29, 2022 at 9:48 pmmartinmiSubscriber
I just tested the example you gave me in the Lumerical CAD/GUI and everything works fine. I also tested accessing the /tmp directory and it is fine. However, the problem is still there. When I try to start Lumerical from PyCharm, I get the screen with "Verifying License"....
August 2, 2022 at 8:48 pmLito YapAnsys Employee
Please try the latest release, Lumerical 2022 R2.1. Otherwise, should the issue persist with PyCharm and Lumerical 2022R2.1, run the API script directly from terminal. >>>https://optics.ansys.com/hc/en-us/articles/5771091294739
July 29, 2022 at 11:28 ammartinmiSubscriber
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Lumerical support has moved to the Ansys Learning Forum (ALF)
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- focusing efficiency