June 9, 2023 at 5:33 pmColorSubscriber
I am going through the Python documentation in Lumreical and had a question regarding the adjoint optimization available in lumopt. I read that "It should be noted here that the FOM we accept is power coupling of guided modes. Other figures of merit, such as optimizing the target phase or power to a specified grating order are not supported."
Does this mean that lumopt right now is only available for waveguide optimizations? I was trying to use the lumopt for reducing scattering from a set of nanoparticles. So I was wondering if lumopt and adjoint optimization are applicable to other cases rather than waveguides and if yes, how can they be used because I did not see a non-waveguide example on the website?
June 9, 2023 at 6:54 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
You are right. The initial purpose of Lumopt is for waveguide device only. It is possible to optimize other devices with other FOM. However you have to modify the Lumopt to add a new category.
June 9, 2023 at 6:59 pmColorSubscriber
Thank you. Is there any documentation that I can refer to and use it to change the lumopt? Or should I just go through the code and figure it out myself?
June 9, 2023 at 9:05 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
You may check the github website by google "lumopt github". we are not allowed to post links
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Questions about the calculation of the cross-polarization conversion efficiency of metasurface
- Error on Lumerical device
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Lumerical – error message when trying to open from Linux terminal
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.