Ansys Free Student Software

Ansys Free Student Software

M1 Mac Issues

• Austin Glover
      Subscriber

I'm running into some problems installing and running ansys. Windows 10 is the only platform that the student package is supported on, but there are no more supported windows 10 for ARM images. Only windows 11 for ARM. I'm running windows 11 on parallels and completed the installation using the instructions from this video.

Unfortunately, when I try to run a very simple test program in ansys mechanical, I get the following issue. Is this something that people recognize? Could this be caused by running in windows 11? 

Fortran Runtime Error

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

We've been testing Win11 internally with minimal issues other than a few hiccups finding DOS prompts and the like. It's possible there's something missing in the Mac interaction stuff as I suspect they didn't expect you to need compilers. 2023R1 is due "soon", so that might fix the issue as that's (I think) supported on Win11. 

• Austin Glover
      Subscriber

Hi Rob,

I downloaded 2023 R1 recently, and it has the same error. Fortran Error

At a high level, is ANSYS just not supported for ARM based macbooks? What is your recomendation for someone who has a ARM laptop who want to use ansys? 

• Austin Glover
      Subscriber

The support document says to:

But there's no document where they are pointing. 

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

I'll check. That document may not yet be on the system as we're still adding 2023R1 to the system. Note, the document mentions it's a small number of products so you may find it's not the one you're after. 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.