January 3, 2023 at 8:15 amAustin GloverSubscriber
I'm running into some problems installing and running ansys. Windows 10 is the only platform that the student package is supported on, but there are no more supported windows 10 for ARM images. Only windows 11 for ARM. I'm running windows 11 on parallels and completed the installation using the instructions from this video.Unfortunately, when I try to run a very simple test program in ansys mechanical, I get the following issue. Is this something that people recognize? Could this be caused by running in windows 11?
January 3, 2023 at 3:18 pmRobAnsys Employee
We've been testing Win11 internally with minimal issues other than a few hiccups finding DOS prompts and the like. It's possible there's something missing in the Mac interaction stuff as I suspect they didn't expect you to need compilers. 2023R1 is due "soon", so that might fix the issue as that's (I think) supported on Win11.
January 31, 2023 at 9:49 pm
January 31, 2023 at 9:53 pm
February 1, 2023 at 10:18 amRobAnsys Employee
I'll check. That document may not yet be on the system as we're still adding 2023R1 to the system. Note, the document mentions it's a small number of products so you may find it's not the one you're after.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Limitations to Student License?
- Missing Analysis Systems from toolbox
- Not seeing any items in the ANSYS Workbench toolbox?
- ANSYS License Manager Error
- “An error occurred while starting the solver module.” – Maybe licence problem?
- FLUENT application Failed to start
- Please recommend the configuration of the computer workstation
- No license available at this time
- I am using MacBook Pro with M1chip, how can I install or any other ways to use Ansys ?
- Problem with ANSYS 18.2 SpaceClaim
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.