Fluids

Fluids

Macro to find no of particles in each cell

• pavankonchada123
      Subscriber

Is there a macro to find the no of particles in each cell or there is any procedure to find 

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

We think so but it may not be documented: we can't share undocumented macros on here. I also don't know what it is! 

• pavankonchada123
      Subscriber

I want to find the average particle diameter in each cell . Can u help me

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

You enable Mean Values unde Discrete Phase Panel and you can then access the mean diameter of particles in a cell.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

You'll find some of what you want here  https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/Secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v222/en/flu_udf/flu_udf_DPMDEFINE.html%23flu_udf_sec_define_dpm_spray_collide    

• pavankonchada123
      Subscriber

Hi Rob,

I am trying to model solid species on the combusting droplet, I think for that I cannot have spray collide option.

• pavankonchada123
      Subscriber

Hi Amine,

on activating the mean values is there any way I can get the access of average particle diameter in udf

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Erm, you might want to read the example. Most UDFs are written using bits taken from other UDFs....

• pavankonchada123
      Subscriber

I tried using particle loop in scalar update udf to save average dia to udmi, but it didnt work

• DrAmine
        Ansys Employee

The variables I mentioned are Eulerian Variables so not particle loop is required.

• pavankonchada123
      Subscriber

Hi Amine,

I cant find exact macro for average diameter for eulerian variable. Please can you help me with this

• DrAmine
        Ansys Employee

I do not think there are documented macros to do that. If you access to the customer portal you might a solution how to access variables which do not obvious cell access macro (that solution is not granted feature but an unsupported workaround).

• pavankonchada123
      Subscriber

Can you share the link of customer care portal where these are present

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

https://support.ansys.com/  but you'll need the University to have bought software, and for you to have credentials to register: we can't help with that bit. 

• pavankonchada123
      Subscriber

yes we have the ansys I want to know what is keyword for search to get the material or the link in portal

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

The key word was "might". The solution may not exist. 

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.