Electronics

Electronics

Magnetizing soft magnet (AlNiCo5)

• adawlatzai
      Subscriber

Hello,

I am trying to simulate a tool that involves a soft magnet (alnico5) and a bottom permanent magnet (NdFe35), currently trying to magnetize only the alnico through a pulse current so that I can map the PM field into the target model but I am unable to compute the magnetization because on Ansys it is assuming a permanent magnet. Is there something I have to change in the materials? Thank you for your time

• adawlatzai
      Subscriber
      The AlNiCo5 material specs

• adawlatzai
      Subscriber
      If I run the simulation, the AlNico gets magnetized but only for the duration the current is applied, the moment there is no current applied through the copper, the AlNiCo goes back to its original state

• Deyu Li
      Ansys Employee
      the BH curve needs to be in 2nd quadrant in this simulation.
    • adawlatzai
      Subscriber
      Hi, Thank you for your response! Below is an image of the b-h curve I supplied on ANSYS, I think some of the curve is already in the 2nd quadrant (just to make sure we are talking about the same quadrant, I attached an image as well). Should I delete data points when it enters the first quadrant? thank you

• adawlatzai
      Subscriber
      sorry for the silly question, I noticed I don't supply any data points past the 1rst quadrant and that the bh curve is continuing without any data points in the 1rst quadrant, is there option to get rid of that?
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.