Photonics

Photonics

Making laser diode simulation

Tagged: , ,

• Altair45
      Subscriber

Hi,

I'm making laser diode simulation based on InGaN material from the example. The example is heavily relying on scripts and there are too many custom formulas such as deformation potential kind of things.

Is there anyone tried laser diode simulating with basic functions in Lumerical without custom formulas? I feel like I'm developing whole new simulation software with this example, not just simply creating simulation. I just want to make LIV and spectrum simulation without or with minimum scripts.

• Khashayar Ghaffari
      Ansys Employee
      Hi Thank you for your question. I recommend looking into our edge emitting laser example here. We have recently added a GUI for the MQW solver and this example utilizes this to take on some of the functions previously done through script.
      Let us know if you have further questions.
      Best regards
    • nuaman98
      Subscriber
      Hi there I am also working on LD simulation. The example file is completely scripted which is really difficult to understand. I just got the MQW simulations over, but for the interconnect TWLM it requires MQW data in .JSON format. This is what I am now looking for.
      I recommend you to make a detailed video about the "edge emitting MQW laser" example file explaining the settings, data exports for TWLM and mode optimization part.
    • Khashayar Ghaffari
      Ansys Employee
      Hi Nuaman Thank you for the feedback. I will share this with the team and update this discussion if we have new related tutorials/resources available.
      In the meantime feel free to share your questions here on the forum; please create separate topics for new questions.
      Best regards
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.