January 28, 2022 at 4:52 amFluxLimitedSubscriber
Let's say I want to run a steady state thermal calculation followed by a static structural calculation to determine the thermal stresses. I can link the two analyses in Workbench and run them successfully. But let's say I wanted to run the mechanical calculation on a geometric subset of the original thermal problem's geometry. How would I accomplish this?January 28, 2022 at 9:15 amVinayak VipradasAnsys Employee
You can use Submodelling for modeling the geometric subset of the original geometry by linking the Solution Cell of the entire geometric Model to the Setup Cell of the Geometric Submodel. Make sure to include all the necessary boundary conditions in the Submodel. Then you can link the Solution obtained in the Submodel to the Static Structural Analysis, depending on what you want to import in the Static Structural Analysis.
For further information, please refer to the following links:
Ansys Learning Forum (Rules & Guidelines)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Colors and Mesh Display
- User manual
- material damping and modal analysis
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.