Fluids

Fluids

Mass flow inlet selections – Open channel – VOF

• Walaa
      Subscriber

Hi every one, I have an issue in selecting options. I am simulating an open channel junction as seen in pictures, I have 2 inlets and I want to define the water discharge ratio as an inlet boundary condition, Is choosing the "mass flow rate" is correct? . What options should I choose?

Further, I have one outlet with known velocity and pressure, but the outlet options do not have velocity outlet, how could I define that?

• Raef.Kobeissi
      Subscriber

Hello,

You can choose mass flow inlet for both inlets and then specify the mass flow based on your ratio. Outlets can only be associated with pressure and not velocity nor mass flow. Having 1 outlet would mean the total mass flow in there would be equal to the sum of mass flows from the 2 inlets.

I hope this helps.

Regards

• Walaa
      Subscriber

I Know, but the problem is that, I have to keep the velocity D.S in a Certain value. I will try it like that and see how it will go.

Thanks Raef

• Raef.Kobeissi
      Subscriber

No Problem Walaa. As long as the total flow rate is known from the inlet you adjust the cross-sectional area of the outlet to meet the velocity you want at that total flow rate. Please update me with your findings.

Regards

• Walaa
      Subscriber

Hi Raef, my work has interrupted and I have just resumed, sorry for the very late respond. I mad the inlets boundary conditions both as a mass flow inlet, while the outlet as a pressure outlet.

The attached link helps.

• Walaa
      Subscriber

Oh, the video is already yours , I've just noticed.. Thanks everywhere Raef  

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.