Fluids

Fluids

Mass flow rate unit conversion

• snr1
      Subscriber
      How to convert the mass flow rate result units from fluent to other?nExample: Fluent gives the mass flow rate value in kg/(m3.s), then how to convert this into kg/s?n
    • Aitor
      Subscriber
      Fluent gives the mass flow rate in kg/s. In any case, to convert kg/(m^3*s) to kg/s, just multiply the result by the surface area.n
    • snr1
      Subscriber
      In UDF, the source term is in units of kg/(m3.s). After the results, how to convert this source term into kg/s?n
    • Aitor
      Subscriber
      Which source term?n
    • snr1
      Subscriber
      Mass source termn
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      The source term is applied to a zone in Fluent that has a volume. If we have a zone volume of 1m3 and want to add 1kg/s we have a source of 1kg/m3/s. If the volume is 0.5m3 and we want 1kg/s the source is 2kg/m3/s n
    • snr1
      Subscriber
      Yes, i agree with this. But my point here is: i know the source term values during the simulation in Kg/(m3.s) and now i want convert this into kg/s. How can we do this?.
    • YasserSelima
      Subscriber
      multiply it by the volumen
    • snr1
      Subscriber
      Which volume should I consider? because its a multiphase flow simulation.n
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      The source is applied to a volume in Fluent. You need to scale the source by THAT VOLUME to get the correct mass into the system. n
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.