Fluids

Fluids

“mass fraction” not showing up as a variable in CFD-post

• rachels1001
      Subscriber

I have a eulerian granular model and I want to look at the mass fraction of certain species in the solids phase over the length of my simulation. I am able to create monitors for this in Fluent and it shows up as a variable in Fluent in contours and plots; however, when I bring my results over to CFD-post, species mass fraction does not show up as a variable from the data file and I'm unable to use it as a variable to view results with in charts or contours. 

Is there something I need to enable to use mass fraction as a variable in Fluent?

Thanks so much!

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

I'd generally suggest doing the post processing Fluent to avoid this (and other) issues.  Click on the box with 3 dots next to the pull down list of available data fields, the default list is shorter than the full list opened by pressing the button.

• rachels1001
      Subscriber

sorry, even when I do that, I'm unable to find the variables in the full list

• rachels1001
      Subscriber

is there anything else I may be doing that's causing them to not show up?

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

No, that looks fine.  Have a look in the data file quantities, you may need to add the field in.  To confirm, you're using a .dat file and not .cdat?  

This is why I tend to post process in Fluent, especially for multiphase models. 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.