April 30, 2019 at 11:54 amRifaat93Subscriber
"Material Constant Damping Ratio defined in Engineering Data is not contributing to modal damping calculations"
What does this mean ? and how can i avoid/stop it ?
April 30, 2019 at 1:31 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
The default for a Modal analysis is the Undamped natural frequencies and mode shapes. If this is what you want, you can ignore this message.
What do you plan to do with the Modal results? If you are using them to perform a Modal Superposition Transient Structural analysis, you apply the damping in the Transient Structural model.
Did you specifically want the Damped natural frequencies? Is so, this is warning you that the Material Constant Damping Ratio defined in Engineering Data is not contributing to modal damping calculations. This means that if in Engineering Data you added Constant Damping Coefficient, it will not be used in the Damped Modal calculation.
If you want the Damped Natural Frequencies, you have to use the Damping Controls in the Modal Analysis Settings.
These controls accept the Rayleigh Damping coefficients to form the Damping Matrix as shown below.
Do you need more information on Rayleigh damping coefficients?
April 30, 2019 at 3:21 pmRifaat93Subscriber
I am trying to calculate the dissipated energy of a body that is dynamically compressed
When a body ( in my Project its a Concrete cylinder) is dynamically compressed then there will be internal friction and probably through this Friction , Energy will be dissipated
thats what i am trying to simulate
Can you help me with this?
May 1, 2019 at 12:48 ampeteroznewmanSubscriber
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- unable to open files in ansys
- How to move duplicated ansys project position in workbench GUI
- Download MATLAB toolbox AnsysAAS
- An unknown error with memory occurred during solution.
- Error: Unable to open some designs in this project – Corrupted project files
- Desginpoints in Ansys 18.2 workbench got stuck at the stage of updating model in static structural
- Ansys solving system coupling problems on a remote cluster does not provide constant results.
- ANSYS Multi field 2-way FSI data coupling issue
- Material constant Damping calculation
- Different initial temperature conditions for two different object in transient-thermal
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.