March 10, 2022 at 3:26 pmansysuser123Subscriber
I unsuppressed a solid body in SpaceClaim and extracted a beam from it. When I update in Mechanical, random components lose their material assignments in addition previously defined contact pair lose their scoping. I do have Auto Generate contact set to No. and the topology is not shared in SpaceClaim.
any advice would be greatly appreciated.
MikeMarch 11, 2022 at 12:50 pmAniketAnsys EmployeeDid you set "compare parts on update" (in the property of the geometry on the workbench page) to Associatively, before importing it the first time? If not kindly do that and set up the model again, next time you change anything in SpaceClaim only contacts and materials assigned to that body will need to be reassigned.
In case you don't have this option set, and it was to default No, still you can use the Model assembly method to assemble your old model and the new model (sans old unchanged parts).
How to access Ansys help links
Guidelines for Posting on Ansys Learning Forum
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.