Electronics

Electronics

Material error in workbench linking electromagnetic suit & steady state thermal analysis

• UsamaKhan
      Subscriber

Respected sir,

i have created designed in ansys electromagnet suit of PMSM. i want to examine thermal effect on permanent magnet. I integrated workbench with ansys electronics. Now i am having warning or error regarding material in ansys mechanical. how can i fix it ?

should i define material in ansys mechanical again or it pick from source ?

Error is shown below:

"Solver pivot warnings or errors have been encountered during the solution. This is usually a result of an ill conditioned matrix possibly due to unreasonable material properties, an under constrained model, or contact related issues. Check results carefully."

:A solver pivot warning or error has been detected in the TEMP degree of freedom of node 8620 located in CoilRe_1_Separate2. This is usually a result of an ill conditioned matrix possibly due to unreasonable material properties, an under constrained model, or contact related issues. Check results carefully. You may select the offending object and/or geometry via RMB on this warning in the Messages window."

• Ashish Khemka
      Ansys Employee

A solver pivot warning or error has been detected in the TEMP degree of freedom Solver Pivot Warning is like in structural analysis for an object to be not constrained and flies off into space. Similar for thermal like applying heat but has no place to dissipate to (like no convection to absorb the heat). Please see if you have properly applied all the boundary conditions.

Regards Ashish Khemka
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.