December 3, 2017 at 4:12 pmAvadhootSubscriberHi all. I want to analyse some CAD models which I am going to 3D print. Can anyone please help me figure out how can I assign best possible material for a PLA plastic material used in 3D printing
December 3, 2017 at 9:04 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
The attached pdf has the material properties of PLA that you need.
If you want help deciding which values to use, just ask.
PLA is not recommended for parts that require mechanical strength.
Do you have access to any other materials?
If so, why did you choose PLA over some other material?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to work with STL file?
- Using Symmetry in DesignModeler and Expanding the Results
- Rotate tool in ANSYS Design Modeler
- drawing a geometry by importing a table of points
- section plane
- material properties
- ANSYS FLUENT – Operation would result in non manifold bodies
- Geometry scaling
- Parameters not imported into Workbench 18.2 from Solidworks/Inventor
- Convert Surface body to solid
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.