Materials

Materials

Material properties in explicit dynamics

• Oskar Kuczek
      Subscriber

Hello, I am performing a 2d effort analysis during orthogonal turning, the analysis runs correctly on materials from the ansys program libraries, but when I try to assign my own material on which the analysis should take place, the program does not perform the analysis correctly, could you help me how to define my material for the analysis to run correctly ? My material is 11SMn30 steel. Regards

• bhagwantP
      Ansys Employee

Hello Oskar Kuczek,

Will you please share some more information about material properties you have defined for the material, details of error messsage.

When you say:  it runs correctly on materials from the ansys program libraries, does it mean you are taking defalut material from librabry?

Thanks,

• Oskar Kuczek
      Subscriber

Hello, actually I've managed to solve my problem, but if I've managed to get your attention, I'd like to ask another question. Would you know how to display the results only on the selected line? Mainly about maximum and the minimum stresses around this line.

• bhagwantP
        Ansys Employee

Hello Oskar,

You can define a path which is scoped to this line and postprocess results for this path.

In scoping method instead of geometry choose path while postprocessing stress.

Thanks

• bhagwantP
        Ansys Employee

Glad to know that initial issue mentioned in post has resolved.

Thanks

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.