Electronics

Electronics

Material with hysteresis loop

Tagged: 

• Crix00
      Subscriber

Greetings everybody,

for my master thesis I'm simulating an inductively coupled power transfer system. I started my simulations with the materials included in the system database. After I found out the ferrite there doesn't have a hysteresis loop I looked up a material online and tried adding the loop for my B-H-curve. However, I wasn't able to add a full loop. I decided to try it with only 1 curve, since hysteresis isn't that huge for ferrites anyway.

Now, after trying to simulate with the newly added material, I got the error listed in the last image. The other images are for you to see how the material is defined.

If anybody knows how to get rid of this error, I'd be very thankful. And while we're at it, I'd still like to add a full loop instead of what I have know. So an answer to that question would be welcomed as well. Thanks in advance!

• icellb1
      Ansys Employee
      Hi, ,nThe error messages did not seem to be caused by your BH loop data. To verify if they are due to BH data, try using a simple single permeability and check if the same errors occur.nAlso, could you describe more about your whole set up? e.g. what your model look like, how you assigned excitation, etc. sharing some screenshots would be better. n
    • Crix00
      Subscriber
      Hello,nMy model is a sliding toroidal sliding transformer. The following images show how my model looks like and how it is excited. Excitations are both assigned to a sperate coil winding and are defined as coil terminals to couple it with Simplorer / Twin Builder in order to adjust for resonance.nWhat I did was to copy the included ferrite material. Then I added the non linear B-H-loop. Since the previously used ferrite was a simple, linear material I already ran the simulation with a simple material. It's basically the same material with an added nonlinear loop. It worked back then. nI assumed maybe I have to add some values to the core loss model when using a loop (I thought maybe Maxwell calculates hysteresis through core losses), but I couldn't find out what the parameters Cm, X, Y represent (assuming X, and Y would be vectors for anisotropic behaviour maybe?...But then I would expect a value for Z as well, instead there's Cm, which I don't know the meaning of).nThank you so far, hope we can clear that up.nn
    • Crix00
      Subscriber
      Hello again,nI just wanted to add, that I seemingly solved the problem. As you said it wasn't the loop that was the problem, even though it first occured after I changed the material. For whatever reason the meshs I previously used didn't work with the new material. I changed the mesh, since I've found in some thread in this forum this error message might correlate with mesh size. Now my simulation is running again. I'm not fully through the simulation yet but so far it's looking good.nThanks for your effort !n
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.