Materials

Materials

Materials-ANSYS GRANTA EDU PACK

• Vihakha
      Subscriber

Hello,

I'm looking for a very specific material- 40% Carbon Fibre reinforced PP composite, but I can't find it under the Level 3 Advanced Composites section. Could you please help me locate this material or anything similar to it?

Many Thanks,

Vishakha

• David Mercier
      Ansys Employee
      Hi Vishakha What do you mean by Level 3 Advanced Composites section? The Level 3 Aerospace of EduPack?
      If you use the search option, here a screenshot of what you get if you look for reinforced PP with carbon fiber (see below).
      There is only a record for the 10% carbon fiber one. I think you should use the Synthesizer tool to estimate the properties of the 40% one.
      Here a link with more details about the Synthesizer : https://forum.ansys.com/discussion/comment/125177#Comment_125177

• Vihakha
      Subscriber
      Thank you so much for your answer. What I mean is- I couldn't find it under the composites section, do you have any carbon fiber reinforced PP composites available under it? When I clicked on composites, I could see that there are glass reinforced composites available.
      I found the 10% carbon fiber, I'll try using the synthesizer tool.

Thanks again!
    • David Mercier
      Ansys Employee
      You can find much more in the Global Polymers Plastics and here 19 records for 40% carbon fiber reinforced PP.

• Vihakha
      Subscriber

Thanks so much!!
    • David Mercier
      Ansys Employee
      It's a matter of classifcation. Of course a reinforced polymer can be seen as a composite, but in our case we prefer to keep it in the polymer section. Cheers
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.