General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Materials tab not appearing under Mechanical program

• jinnquan
      Subscriber
    • Dragana Jandric
      Ansys Employee
      Is the software version the same in the first and the second picture? If it is the same version, maybe you can try the following n1, Save your work and close the WB and Mechanical completelyn2 In the file explorer (windows explorer) type %appdata%n 3 Go to Ansys Directory and rename v202 to v202_old (if you are running the 2020R2) if you have 2020R1 then rename v201 to v201_oldn4 Start WB again and see if the materials showed up in the treenn
    • jinnquan
      Subscriber
      Hi djandric,nThank you for your reply. nYes, they are the same version.nI also tried renaming the folder and reopen the programs but the material tabs still did not appear.n
    • Dragana Jandric
      Ansys Employee
      Can you please make sure that the version is the same, and what is the version and which directory did you rename?.Thanks, n
    • jinnquan
      Subscriber
      I used %appdata%. And I am using 18.2 verison, so i duplicated the v182 folder and rename it v182_old. That is what i did.n
    • ciema
      Subscriber
      Did you restart your computer after changing files name? You can also check engineering data and try to make some changes and see what happens. Try also to use Refresh materials option or Refresh all data (File - Refresh all data) n
    • jinnquan
      Subscriber
      Hi ciema,nI have restarted my computer, also tried Refresh materials option and Refresh all data. nBut, there isn't any changes.n
    • ciema
      Subscriber
      No idea what's the problem. Maybe its because of tree filtering ? Try to check this option:nn
    • ciema
      Subscriber
      Does problem concerns single analysis or does it appear for all mechanical analyses?n
    • jinnquan
      Subscriber
      Hi ciema,nIt is weird that I do not have the commands and UI options available to me.n
    • ciema
      Subscriber
      What about other simulations? Does problem appear only in single simulation or in each simulation?n
    • ciema
      Subscriber
      You can try to activate Reset Layout button:nn and check if you have directory connected with materials in your files (ENGD directory with material inside):nn
    • Dragana Jandric
      Ansys Employee
      Version 18.2 didn't have Materials in the tree. This is newer feature that came out with new GUI from version 2019R2. So if you are running v18.2 you won't see the Materials in the tree. Renaming v18.2 to v18.2_old will not help here. Do you have newer version 2019R2 and up to 2020R2?I hope this helps,nn
    • Dragana Jandric
      Ansys Employee
      Also you don't have UI options because of the version you are running, it is not available in v18.2, only for 2019R2 and up. n
    • Aniket
      Ansys Employee
      I don't think 18.2 had the materials folder back then. Please use 2020R2 that you have and then you should see in your tree. nhttps://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v182/wb_sim/ds_Tree_Outline.htmlnNevertheless, even if you can't see it in Mechanical in 18.2 you can see it in the Engineering data of the workbench Project schematic.n-AniketnHow to access Ansys help linksnGuidelines for Posting on Ansys Learning Forumn
    • Dragana Jandric
      Ansys Employee
      From this snapshot it looks that you have 2020R2? nNew GUi looks like thisnn
    • Dragana Jandric
      Ansys Employee
      v18.2 GUi looks like thisnn
    • ciema
      Subscriber
      djandric: Material feature in tree was added in 19 version - not 2019 R2. n
    • Dragana Jandric
      Ansys Employee
      Yes that is correct for the materials in the tree it was version 19.1, new GUI is added in v 2019R2. In any case it would not be available in v18.2n
Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.