September 16, 2022 at 5:11 amErnest jamesr905Subscriber
Hi, there I am a graduate student and part of my work for my Master's project is to do a deep dive into the workings of ANSYS. My main question is about the math used in the ANSYS solver system that allows it to calculate a specific output answer. If you don't know specifcally I would also, if possible, like a hint or lead on where I can dig deeper to find how it works. I hope that you will be able to help point me in the right direction. Anyway, thank you for your time
September 16, 2022 at 6:28 amErik KostsonAnsys Employee
See the help manual (theory reference), and the free course from EDX on FEA using ANsys where they explain how a solver works overall.
Also books in FEA will explain that.
December 23, 2022 at 10:03 ambhagwantPAnsys Employee
@Ernest, you can refer any fundamental books on FEA which can give you basic idea about this.
Some additional links:
Even you can refer our help sections which have information specific to different analysis types which can give you basic idea.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.