September 6, 2019 at 3:02 pmJirongSubscriber
I am using transient structural to do the simulation with Mooney-Rivlin material. I got error said "Matrix coefficient ratio exceeds 1.0e8, check results carefully." and then highly distorted element was reported. What should I do to reduce the matrix coefficient ratio and how can I extract it?
In Analysis Settings, I turn on the large deflection, and use Damping for nonlinear control, and set stiffness coefficient to 1e-4 under damping controls.
I have used the same geometry with isotropic elasticity material before, it worked without matrix coefficient warning. Or is this because of my material ?
September 6, 2019 at 4:54 pmSandeep MedikondaAnsys Employee
This warning message means stiffness matrix of the model is ill-conditioned. Some elements have severe differences in stiffness from other elements.
The ill-conditioned matrix can occur due multiple reasons such rigid body motion, highly distorted elements, high frictional contacts, units that may results in numbers too big/small, or even unstable material models.
Generally speaking about this message, it is just a warning and can typically be ignored.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.