Electronics

Electronics

Matrix Reduction in Maxwell 20

• BLHesterman
      Subscriber

I used to be able to create a reduced R,L matrix in Maxwell to join turns of a winding together.  For example, I could have three windings each composed of several turns connected in series, and with post processing end up with a 3 x 3 matrix.  Starting with R20, a sub matrix is created for each winding, but I don't see a way to created the smaller impedance matrix with an entry for each winding.

• Waled Raban
      Ansys Employee
      In Maxwell 2020R1, we changed the way that matrices are reported so this is the source of the confusion. It is now done in the same way as in Q3D. This was done mainly to eliminate confusion with stranded windings regarding assignment of Turns and Branches.  The Maxwell grouping function now uses the Q3D reduce matrix operations with the new Join in Series and Join in Parallel operations. nTo create a reduced matrix, the user will right-click on an existing Matrix parameter. The user can then select Join in Series … or Join in Parallel. The source selection dialog will appear. Once a Reduce Matrix is created, it will appear in the project tree under its parent Matrix parameter. The user will be able to edit, rename, and delete Reduce Matrices using the usual methods (menu, keyboard, …)nn
    • BLHesterman
      Subscriber
      As near as I can tell, the new format is useless for me and every other engineer I have discussed this with. Somehow we need to be able to generate and export data in the previous format. Perhaps I will have to write my own code for matrix reduction.n
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.