Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Maxwell 3D

• AMUW
      Subscriber

Hi Guys how do I install the Maxwell 3D ? I have install the ansys academic but I dont see the Maxwell module ?

Thanks

Amir

• David Yakinian
      Ansys Employee

Hello,

Are you using a paid license from your university? You need to download the Electronics package, which will be a different package than the ANSYS Academic Multiphysics. You will then launch Electronics Desktop, where you can open up a variety of designs, including Maxwell.

• AMUW
      Subscriber

Hi David thanks for the quick response. No I don't use my university license. We don't have it. How do we get it ? 

Can you send the link for electronics package ?

Kind regards,

Amir

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi Amir,

Please double check with your IT to see if there is any ANSYS licenses purchased for your university. Because unfortunately, Electronics suite would require a paid license (not available for student version), so even if you had the electronics package and installed it, you wouldn't be able to use it without licenses. If you are interested in purchasing academic licenses or evaluating the software, I can ask ANSYS sales rep to contact you.

Thank you,

Win

• AMUW
      Subscriber

Hi Win ok thanks for the info. Yes can you please ask the sales rep to provide the evaluation version of Maxwell 3D ? We have Comsol and I would like to compare it with Maxwell.

Thanks

Amir

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi Amir,

Thank you for your interest.

Could you provide the name of your university ? Note: Do NOT provide any personal contact information here, we will figure it out from there ourselves.

Thank you,

Win

• AMUW
      Subscriber

ok thanks . University of Waterloo in Ontario,Canada

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi Amir,

Thank you for the information.

We are contacting the sales rep to reach out to you.

Thank you,

Win

• kapilbodhare
      Subscriber

Where is link to download ansys electronics package?

We have paid version of ansys in our academy

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Please ask your ANSYS Support Coordinator at your school. This normally is a professor who owns the license, the school/department admin, or the IT.

They will have access to the 'Customer Portal' . They can go to the download page in there and download the Electronics installation package for you.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.