January 21, 2022 at 3:57 pmJohnPSubscriber
In Maxwell under "Core Loss Models", I have tried to use the "Hysteresis Model" to get a better minor loop representation compared to the "Electrical Steel" Model. I have first tried to find out if I can get a good agreement between the two core loss models for a very simple configuration with ideal sinusoidal (non-PWM) excitation and no EddyCurrentLosses (Kc=0) or ExcesssLosses (Ke=0).
My configuration for the hysteresis modellJanuary 27, 2022 at 9:13 pmHDLIAnsys Employee
Maxwell hysteresis model enters one major loop for the hysteresis loss so far, but could use it for the minor/inner loop of the iron loss calculation base don this major loop. The last picture above is for several major loops.
The reference is "construction of magnetic hysteresis loops and its applications in parameter identification for hysteresis models", https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/6960311?denied=.
To calculate the core loss, the recommended core loss calculation is to use "Electrical Steel" as core loss model type. Thanks.
January 28, 2022 at 10:05 amJohnPSubscriberThank you. Have I understood correctly that at this point in time the inner loops are not implemented in the "hysteresis model" and we should only use the "Electrical Steel" calculation?
I think a capable hysteresis model with automatically identified parameters from the BH curve (as given in your reference) would be a great addition to Maxwell.
Viewing 2 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
Ansys BlogTrending discussions
- Signing up as ANSYS Support Coordinator
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- Illegal External Terminal – assigning current to a coil
- Number of parallel paths in Ansys Maxwell
- Domain Decomposition in HFSS
- Failed to recover curve outlines
- Feeding experimental data (temperature) in to Ansys to get conductivity
- meshing problem
Top Rated Tags