Electronics

Electronics

Maxwell Hysteresis Model fixed coercivity?

• JohnP
      Subscriber

In Maxwell under "Core Loss Models", I have tried to use the "Hysteresis Model" to get a better minor loop representation compared to the "Electrical Steel" Model. I have first tried to find out if I can get a good agreement between the two core loss models for a very simple configuration with ideal sinusoidal (non-PWM) excitation and no EddyCurrentLosses (Kc=0) or ExcesssLosses (Ke=0).

My configuration for the hysteresis modell

• HDLI
      Ansys Employee

Maxwell hysteresis model enters one major loop for the hysteresis loss so far, but could use it for the minor/inner loop of the iron loss calculation base don this major loop. The last picture above is for several major loops.
      The reference is "construction of magnetic hysteresis loops and its applications in parameter identification for hysteresis models", https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/6960311?denied=.
      To calculate the core loss, the recommended core loss calculation is to use "Electrical Steel" as core loss model type. Thanks.
      HDLI

• JohnP
      Subscriber
      Thank you. Have I understood correctly that at this point in time the inner loops are not implemented in the "hysteresis model" and we should only use the "Electrical Steel" calculation?
      I think a capable hysteresis model with automatically identified parameters from the BH curve (as given in your reference) would be a great addition to Maxwell.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.