Electronics

Electronics

Maxwell-Simplorer/TwinBuilder Coupling and fields

• Crix00
      Subscriber
      Hello everyone,nnI'm working on my master thesis right now with a paid Academic version. I have an inductive power transmission line, that I want to simulate with Maxwell and optimize for resonance with Simplorer. Now, since I've found contradicting info online, I want to ask what gets ported to Simplorer from the Maxwell model?nIf I, for example, add an Eddy Current link, will my Simplorer circuit need additional resistances and inductances with the values of the Maxwell simulation, or are the already included and I would end up with double the values I intended?.Also, if I use Simplorer to start a simulation, will I be able to see fields resulting from the coupled simulation. So far I've only managed to plot fields when I excited my system in Maxwell, but if I excited it through Simplorer, no resulting fields were plottable.nThanks in advance and kind regards.n
    • icellb1
      Ansys Employee
      Hi, ,nYes the inductance and resistance from maxwell will be automatically linked to simplorer and will be included. If you are not sure, you can change the L and R of your model in maxwell and check whether waveforms change in simplorer to verify this. nAs long as simplorer and maxwell is linked well, running the simulation from simplorer will also run the maxwell model, and you can plot magnetic field in maxwell. Sometimes after you change some parameters, the link between simplorer and maxwell may be cut off. You can try linking them again to ensure a good linking. n
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.