Electronics

Electronics

Maxwell: variables in material definition

• Marco V.
      Subscriber

Hi,
      I am using Ansys Maxwell in the newest version for my research. In the material definition for the amplitude value of the magnetic coercivity I can use for example the variables X,Y,Z, even with a sinus function. But when I try to use the current time step "time" as an argument I get the following error: "The material contains an intrinsic variable,'time', which is not supported for Transient solution"
      Is there a way around the error message or to use the time step as argument?

Best regards
      Marco

• Navya C
      Ansys Employee

Hi @Marco V,

Have you tried calling that variable something else other than "time"? Say, just "T"

Regards,

Navya

• Marco V.
      Subscriber

Hi,
      thanks for the reply. When I define a varaible T=time and try to use it in the material definition, it comes to the following message: "While parsing expression: 'T' is not a defined variable name in this context".
      When I enter 'T' a context menu opens (see picture). However, 'T' is not selectable, but 'Time' is.

Best regards

Marco

• Marco V.
      Subscriber

Hi,
      since it seems not possible to specify a time dependence in the material definition. Is it possible to define a time dependent current distribution (current density distribution) I=f(x,t), like a wave?

With kind regards
      Marco 

• Navya C
      Ansys Employee

Can you try defining a dataset as a pwl function and then multiply with material property

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.