General Mechanical

General Mechanical

May i ask did anyone got the command for embedding polystyrene in Ansys Workbench 14.5?

Subscriber

Hey guys, I want to draw the model of a concrete beam embedded with polystyrene in Ansys workbench 14.5. I want to ask did anyone got the command can send it to me. Thanks a lot😀

• John Doyle
      Ansys Employee
      I am not sure what you mean by "draw the model". Are you trying to create a solid model for use in WB-Mechanical? If so, you cannot use APDL commands to create the geometry. You need to use a CAD Package or Design Modeler. I am not sure if SpaceClaim was around for R14.5, but if you can get that to work, try modeling the geometry in SpaceClaim. If I am misunderstanding your quesiton, please clarify "draw the model" and what you have done so far.

Subscriber
      I am creating a model of beam in ansys workbench 14.5. Unfortunately, the Ansys workbench 14.5 doesnt has the spaceclaim for the model. For the model part, i already finish setting up the model with the reinforced concrete, link and also the rebar by using the APDL commands, I want to make the model embedded with the polystyrene by using the APDL commands. Thank you.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.