3D Design

3D Design

MCK_Pandaleon

• MCK_Pandaleon
      Subscriber

I have been trying to program a 3D model on space claim with the scripting option allowing me to choose the dimensions of my model and change them easily. However when I run the script Space-claim inexplicably crashes everytime even though there are no errors in the script.

Would anyone know how to solve this issue?

Any help is welcome!

PS : ANSYS workbench also crashes, the entire software shuts down.

• Aniket
      Ansys Employee
      Which version are you using? Have you tried going line by line in you script using Run Next Line fuction to isolate the line that crashes?

-Aniket
      How to access Ansys help links
      Guidelines for Posting on Ansys Learning Forum
    • MCK_Pandaleon
      Subscriber
      Hello,
      I have. However it seems like this method simply doesn't work with Smart variables, running it line by line didn't return major errors, in the end it crashed. I am using the version 2020 Workbench R2 (beta unactivated).
      I tried with Index variables and I don't seem to encounter the same issues, but it doesn't register the selection of multiple lignes to create a surface.
    • Aniket
      Ansys Employee
      What issue do you see when using Indices for geometry selection?
      -Aniket
      How to access Ansys help links
      Guidelines for Posting on Ansys Learning Forum
    • MCK_Pandaleon
      Subscriber
      The error is : 'Index out of range' , I have not been able to figure this out. Is there maybe a better way to parametrise my model, linking the measurements of the different parts beteween themselves and still allowing me to modify parameters (dimensions) to see the effects of those changes ?
      The recording option also has an issue when modifying names and simply writes :
      '#Begin block
      #Unable to record
      #End block'
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.