Electronics

Electronics

Mean Electric field in a component

• Rajan_Mistry
      Subscriber
      In HFSS, is there a quicker way to export the mean electric field magnitude in a component? So far, I am integrating the field w.r.t the volume of the component and dividing by the volume in the field calculator, but this seems to take a while. Is there a quicker way to do this?n
    • Rajan_Mistry
      Subscriber
      Failing this, I would just like to know how to export the field data in a given component at all frequencies. Then, I could do post processing using Python or something else. I've had a look at output variables and the field calculator, but it doesn't seem to let you assign vectors/ 3D field results to an output variable.n
    • Praneeth
      Ansys Employee
      nI could not understand your question. Field calculator is kind of post processing tool and it can generate results within no time. Please let us more about your issue.nBest Regards,nn
    • Rajan_Mistry
      Subscriber
      Thanks for your reply,nMy expression in the field calculator is:nScl : /(Integrate(Volume(Cu2OsampleJR), Mag(Real())), Integrate(Volume(Cu2OsampleJR), 1))nnWhere Cu2OsampleJR is the element in which I want to calculate the mean E field inside it. I assign this as an output variable, then create a new report and plot this against frequency, but generating this plot takes a long time. I used a fast frequency sweep, with about 50 frequency samples (I would also like to do this for about 190 frequency samples too). nI suspected perhaps the integration is the time consuming part. In that case, is there a way to just export the 3D field data inside this element? I would like to export it as a csv or notepad file (something I can access with Python), and export the field at all frequencies (i.e have a single csv file with 3D field data in for a single frequency sample, therefore have about 50 csv files exported). I'd like to know how to do this, because once the data is exported I can process it myself.n
    • Praneeth
      Ansys Employee
      HiArray,I would like to suggest you to use either Interpolating sweep or Discrete sweep type for you model and see whether you are facing the same issue.nAlso please read through the sections regarding Fast sweep for more information regarding it.nAll the very best.nBest regards,n
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.