March 24, 2021 at 11:05 amIñigoTekSubscriber
Hello,March 24, 2021 at 4:36 pmAniketAnsys EmployeePlease check if ANSYS Store Relative DisplacementV4 created by ANSYS Inc helps.n-AniketnHow to access Ansys help linksnGuidelines for Posting on Ansys Learning ForumnMarch 25, 2021 at 11:21 amIñigoTekSubscriberHello,nThank you for the answer. I have downloaded the ACT tool and I have used it with an example to see how it works.nnMy example is a fixed beam under its own weight. The total deformation result in Z (exagerated) is what I am showing in the next image:nIn this result i have taken two nodes to see the distance between them. Compaing the Z coordinate of both nodes the distance ( in Z) is 0,03 mm.nTo prove the relative displacement tool, i have fix the coordinate system in on of the nodes and evaluate the result of relative displacement in Z.nNow I use the probe button to see the distance between te origin of the coordinate system (Node 1) and the other node which should be 0,03 mm as i calculated with total deformation. But my result is -2,63*10^(-7) mm which is wrong.nCan yo help me? I am not using well the tool?.Thank you, nIñigo.nViewing 2 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.