General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Mechanical ADLP Question

• Baragau Mihai
      Subscriber

Hello!

I am a student, a beginner in this software, and I encounter a problem that I cannot solve. I have to build this annular section frame, everything is fine, until the moment when I have to connect the two bars so that they are joined correctly, without excess material on the outside, and with the inside empty. I hope I made myself understood enough. Thank you!

• Baragau Mihai
      Subscriber

To be exactly, I need a 90 degree round bend of the same thickness as the pipes

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Instead of two lines that intersect at a point, shorten each line by R then draw a quarter circle of radius R to connect the end points.

• Baragau Mihai
      Subscriber

This is what I got. I used Operate - Extrude, did a circle at the bottom, and select the line. How and what function can I use to get that?

• Baragau Mihai
      Subscriber

The flat frame in Fig. 8.33 ring section is loaded with force F perpendicular to the plane of the frame. Knowing that D = 212 mm; d = 193 mm; a = 0.4 m;
      E = 21.10^4 MPa; G = 8.1.10^4 MPa; F = 21 kN is required:
      a) To determine the displacement of the point of application of the force;
      b) To determine the maximum equivalent tension.

These are the problem data.

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

To have an elbow bend in a pipe of diameter D, the bend radius R should be > D.  However, you don’t need an elbow bend to solve the problem as shown.

It doesn’t look nice, but it is perfectly acceptable to have a Finite Element model using Beam elements with a Tube cross-section meet at a point with a 90 degree angle between them.  Just work with the lines and ignore the rendering of the cross-sections.  However, your image of the tube cross-sections seems to show two lines that cross each other and did not stop at the point of intersection, is that true?  If so, you must have lines that end at the intersection.

• Baragau Mihai
      Subscriber

Yes, it s true. I've done the modification. Is this what it should look like?

One more question, I forgot where can I specify the G (shear modulus). Is correct what i did?:

Thank you so much for your help

• Baragau Mihai
      Subscriber

When you said Beam elements, you mean i should select at "Element type" - "Beam"? Becouse I selected this one:

It's correct with "Solid - brick 20node 186" or I should select "Beam"?

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Mesh lines with Beam elements.  This is what you should choose.

Mesh surfaces with Shell elements.

Mesh solids with Solid elements.

The material should be Isotropic, don't use an Orthotropic material.

• Baragau Mihai
      Subscriber

I solved it. Thank you so much!

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.